From our research department...
Top 5 Things You Need to Know About Ottawa-Toronto Game 7
1) Maple Leafs and Senators are meeting for the 4th time (all within the last 5 years). Toronto has taken the previous 3 series, winning a 7-game affair in the 2002 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
2) Maple Leafs are 11-9 all-time in Game 7. Senators are 0-3 (only PHX/WPG is worse in NHL at 0-4)
3) Toronto's Pat Quinn (4-4) is coaching in his 9th Game 7. That will tie him for the most Game 7s coached in NHL history with Scotty Bowman, Pat Burns and Mike Keenan.
4) There have been 113 Game 7s in NHL history. HOME Teams have won 70 times (.619), but both HOME teams lost in the pair of Game 7s that were played Monday night (BOS and VAN)
5) Game 7 has gone into OT 29 times and the HOME team has won 15 times. The ROAD team has won 9 of the last 12 Game 7s that have gone into OT, including 5 straight.