Tsunami Disaster Relief
This is the right time to stop what you normally do, get out of your little digital world that you assume is all-defining and all-encompassing (itís not, really) and come back to reality. Preferably, youíll participate in that reality by helping someone else. Yes, Iím being a little preachy here. Get over it, already Ė this is much more important than personalities.
... and he's right.
Some more first-person accounts:
- WaPo writer recounts swimming off coast of Sri Lanka during the tsunami
- An Experience of Living Through a Tsunami, part 1, and part 2
- Some amazing stories on LiveJournal
- Evelyn, an American in Thailand, was caught up in the tsunami but is OK
- Sriram Krishnan recounts his story from Chennai
- A tale from Phucket
- Tariq has pictures